Technology has developed quickly over the last decade, improving many facets of our lives. Even the legal profession, which is notoriously slow to...
Technology to Take Your Firm to the Next Level
Stay ahead of the curve with this technology checklist to make sure your firm is up to speed on the latest technologies used by legal professionals.
Technology is redefining the legal field and law firms that invest in technology are reaping many benefits. Since technology isn’t going away, it’s time to make sure you are investing in the right tech solutions that fit the needs of your firm. As you assess your firm's needs and goals, consider how you can incorporate technology into your workflow.
To help your law firm stay ahead of the curve, we’ve put together a technology checklist to make sure your firm is up to speed on the latest technologies used by legal professionals.
Zapier: Integrate your favorite apps
Zapier is easy automation for busy people. The automation tool allows you to pass information between your favorite linked apps with workflows called zaps, and build processes faster to get more done - no code required. With Zapier, you can:
- Connect to mail apps to automate emails
- Push leads into your CMS
- Connect to messaging apps
Zapier lets you connect CASEpeer with the apps you use every day, so you can automate your busy work and have more time for what matters most.
Slack: Collaborate with your team
Slack allows your employees to stay on the same page and make decisions faster by bringing all of your work communication into one place. Stay organized and focused with central spaces for conversations, files, tools, and people. Some key features that Slack has to offer are:
- Direct & group messaging
- Public and private channels for specific topics
- Invite guests to specific channels
- Built-in call and video
- Available everywhere: online, desktop app, phone applications, smartwatch notifications
When starting to implement Slack, it is best to start with a basic account and build out a simple structure before inviting team members. Once your team is fully integrated with Slack, it is important to establish ground rules for communication. Ask yourself the following:
- What channels do you need?
- What type of communication belongs in Slack?
- What does NOT belong in Slack?
Don't be afraid to have some fun with it. Slack can also be a place to get to know the people you work with better.
Proof: Automate serve requests
Proof is a single platform that saves legal teams loads of time. The platform allows you to create serve requests across all 50 states and follow progress with live updates, keeping track of everything along the way. Instantly connect with their network of nationwide process servers to get your papers served across any state.
Some key features of Proof include:
- Serve docs nationwide in as fast as 24 hours
- Submit a job in less than three minutes
- Track progress of serves in real-time
Proof is easy to try and all of its servers are vetted with the following:
- Background checks
- Minimum 2 years of experience
Proof's powerful reporting tools help you break down insights by categories and filters to better understand them.
CASEpeer: Streamline case management
CASEpeer is the only case management software that drives better outcomes for your clients and your firm. Streamline your firm’s business operations and increase productivity with our turnkey legal practice management tools designed exclusively for personal injury law firms. Supercharge your firm with our suite of robust features:
- Integrated Case Management
- Clean and organized case files help your firm track all information, activity, and communication in one place
- Turnkey medical treatment tracking allows you to log injuries, track payments, and monitor the status of records and bills requests
- Increase efficiency with document automation
- Track deadlines, discovery requests and responses, expert witnesses, and defense counsel communication across your cases with litigation tools designed for plaintiffs' law firms
- Analyze work productivity with case timelines
- Superior Client Experience
- Communicate with clients using in-app text messaging
- Manage contracts, contingency fee agreements, and releases with our electronic signature functionality
- Text client intake forms to streamline the intake management process
- Save email communication directly into cases in CASEpeer
- Robust Reporting Features
- Benchmark and analyze your firm’s most critical metrics, from conversion rates to fee distribution and profitability
- Gain a clear view of each case’s status, financial standing, team performance, and marketing ROI with 50+ reports
- Seamless Integrations
- Easily integrate your Outlook and OneDrive with Office 365
- Streamline the record retrieval process with Records On Time
- Organize your personal injury firm's accounting functions and processes with Soluno
- Harness Zapier to automate actions for new leads, client texting, and case status changes within CASEpeer
Legal technology is constantly evolving, and you should take this into account when planning for the future.
The right investments will pay off in client satisfaction, employee productivity, and profits. Embracing new legal technology is a key component of planning for the future.